This morning, I recorded and video-recorded my session performing the late Kirsty MacColl’s and Philip Rambow’s “There’s a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears He’s Elvis”. Kirsty MacColl recorded this song as a Rockabilly, and a Country, song. I’ve reimagined Chip Shop as an upbeat Irish folk song.
Please take a look/listen to the video, and let me know what you think. I’m doing more, so I’d greatly appreciate any and all of your feedback.
I recorded with my Macbook Air with video using the Canon 7D.
- Percussion: hand on guitar
- Percussion: foot on concrete floor
- Microphone: Apogee Mic cardioid USB mic
- Macbook Air (2013)
- Recording and Mixing: Apple GarageBand
- Mastering, Encoding, Exporting: Audacity 3.2